Here at the Delta Stewardship Council, we strive to attract the best and brightest minds to join us in working toward our mission of achieving a resilient California water supply and Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta ecosystem, while protecting and enhancing the unique, cultural, recreational, natural resource, and agricultural values of the region as an evolving place.
To find vacant positions and exams, visit the CalCareers website.
The staff of the Council have identified five core values which capture what each person brings to the organization and how we carry out the Council’s work:
- Passion and Dedication: We are passionate about our role as stewards of the Delta and dedicated to our unique role to protect the region for all Californians. As public servants, we work with diligence and perseverance to serve the public interest. In support of our passion and dedication, we cultivate opportunities for learning, mentoring, and personal and professional growth.
- Integrity: We work to uphold professional standards, ethics, and knowledge. We seek to achieve transparency in our processes, maintain objectivity in decision-making, and achieve relevance in our regulations.
- Innovation: We are motivated to innovate to advance the mission of the organization. We embrace new technologies and modern approaches to creating and sharing information.
- Collaboration: We work to foster collaboration and build trust to fulfill our obligation as an honest broker of scientific information to inform policy.
- Diversity and Inclusiveness: We value diversity and are committed to fostering an environment in which employees from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and professional experiences are welcomed and can thrive.
Information regarding vacancies and exams is updated regularly on the CalCareers website. There you will also find important information about State employment, including steps in the hiring process, minimum qualifications, pay scales, benefits, and more.
The Delta Independent Science Board and California Sea Grant are seeking applicants for two new postdoctoral scholar positions. The incumbents will work with the Delta ISB on its reviews of the science supporting adaptive management in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta. Applications will be reviewed starting on November 29. The listing will remain on the California Sea Grant website until filled.