You are here
Delta Independent Science Board (ISB) Meeting – 7/14-15/2016
Click here to view the meeting summary
Putah Creek Lodge, UC Davis
Davis, CA 95616
Order of agenda items and listed times are subject to change.
July 14, 2016 (9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. PDT)
- Welcome and Introductions
- Delta ISB Chair Report and Business Matters
- Delta Stewardship Council Chair and Executive Officer Report
- Research on seismic hazards to Delta levees
Index of presentations and historical graphs for levee discussion, Brian Atwater (Delta ISB)
Presentations by Jack Boatwright (USGS), Kevin Tillis (HT Engineers) and Jeff Unruh (Lettis Consultants International).
Posters by Scott Brandenberg (UCLA), Jemile Erdem (USGS), Joe Fletcher (USGS), Russ Graymer (USGS), Chris Hitchcock (InfraTerra) and Keith Knudsen (USGS).
Panel discussion (all participants) with moderator Brian Atwater (Delta ISB) and discussant Ivan Wong (Lettis Consultants International).
- 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. LUNCH (not provided)
- Research on high-water hazards to Delta levees
Presentations by Dan Cayan (Scripps Institute of Oceanography), Steve Deverel (Hydrofocus, Inc.), Lynn Ingram (UC Berkeley) and Mitch Russo (DWR).
Posters by Joel Dudas (DWR), Cathleen Jones (NASA-JPL), Chris Wills (CA Geological Survey) and staff of the US Army Corps of Engineers.
Panel discussion (all participants) with moderator Jay Lund (Delta ISB) and discussant Larry Roth (Arcadis).
- Putah Creek: An exemplary example of flows and fishes (Cliff Dahm)
- Public Comment
4:30 p.m. - Meeting adjourned for the day
July 15, 2016 (9:00 a.m. - noon PDT)
- Welcome back
- Closed session (Not Open to the Public) - Delta Lead Scientist recruitment (Authority: Government Code §11126(a)(1))
- Reconvene Open Session (approximate time: 9:20 a.m.)
- Delta Lead Scientist report
- Discussion and updates about Delta ISB review efforts
Delta Monitoring Activities
- Delta Levees
Water Supply Reliability
Delta as Place
- Draft outline for adaptive management journal article
- Preparation for next Delta ISB meetings
- Public Comment
12:00 p.m. - Meeting adjourned
The Delta Stewardship Council was created in legislation to achieve the state mandated coequal goals for the Delta. "'Coequal goals' means the two goals of providing a more reliable water supply for California and protecting, restoring, and enhancing the Delta ecosystem. The coequal goals shall be achieved in a manner that protects and enhances the unique cultural, recreational, natural resource, and agricultural values of the Delta as an evolving place." (CA Water Code §85054)