You are here
Science Review of Collaborative Adaptive Management Team (CAMT) Proposed Investigations on Characterization of Relations between Autumn Outflow and Survival, Recruitment, and Habitat Quality for Delta smelt
- Proposal ‘Characterization of relations between autumn outflow and survival, recruitment, and habitat quality for Delta smelt (Hypomesus transpacificus)’
Review Panel Members
- Dr. James J. Anderson, (Lead Author), University of Washington
- Dr. James A. Gore, University of Tampa
- Dr. Robert T. Leaf, University of Southern Mississippi
- Dr. Mary C. Fabrizio, Virginia Institute of Marine Science
- Dr. Charles Yackulic, U.S. Geological Survey
- Are goals and objectives presented in the proposal clearly articulated, internally consistent, and are they adequate to address the questions outlined in the Scoping Document?
- Does the proposed work have strong potential to contribute to an improved understanding of Delta smelt survival through the fall and winter-spring recruitment?
- Does the proposed work using zero-inflated models, region designation, and occupancy modeling represent a feasible and robust approach to addressing questions such as detection probability, occupancy, and collinearity among covariates?
- Is the proposed expert elicitation approach precedented, sound, feasible and realistic; and does it have the potential to contribute to understanding of the Delta smelt population?
- Is the proposal explicit in what data will be used and how limitations of the data will be addressed in relation to the questions being asked?
The Delta Stewardship Council was created in legislation to achieve the state mandated coequal goals for the Delta. "'Coequal goals' means the two goals of providing a more reliable water supply for California and protecting, restoring, and enhancing the Delta ecosystem. The coequal goals shall be achieved in a manner that protects and enhances the unique cultural, recreational, natural resource, and agricultural values of the Delta as an evolving place." (CA Water Code §85054)