For covered actions, the Council:
- Offers early consultation.
- Provides the self-certification system.
- Maintains certification of consistency records and appeal records.
- Does not make determination of consistency, unless appealed.
For covered actions, a lead agency:
- Participates in early consultation
- Determines whether a plan, program, or project is a covered action via covered action self-certification process.
- Assures the determination is consistent with the Delta Reform Act and relevant provisions of the Delta Plan.
The Council strongly encourages all agencies who propose to undertake an action in the Delta to consult with the Council as early as possible. Through these consultations, the Council may provide advice on such matters as: developing an Adaptive Management Plan, the project's use of Best Available Science, and how the project can help achieve the coequal goals while still meeting the project's own objectives.
To set up an early consultation please submit your request to the email link below. Any other questions or concerns, may also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use our Tools!
The Council has developed Covered Actions Resources to assist state and local agencies in determining whether a plan, program, or project is a "covered action". To access these resources click the links below.