To facilitate the development of a transparent, reproducible, and effective methodology to prioritize the State’s funding for levee work, the Department of Water Resources prepared an interagency agreement with the Council to develop a methodology that uses existing data to quantify assets and other benefits associated with each Delta island and tract to establish a basis to judge the effectiveness of State funds to accomplish State objectives. Following a competitive proposal solicitation, a consulting team led by ARCADIS was awarded the contract for the project.
The methodology will support development of the approach that will be used to prioritize and classify islands to guide a long-term State levee investment strategy that will be based on the best available science and modeling. An Independent Scientific Review Panel was selected by the Delta Science Program to review the methodology developed by ARCADIS and its scientific basis. This review ensures that the approach taken is transparent, robust, and sufficiently sensitive to quantify and prioritize the assets and risks to State interests associated with each leveed island and tract.
- Delta Levees Prioritization Methodology Peer Review Page
- Independent Scientific Review Panel Report: Methodology and Scientific Basis to Support the Delta Levee Investment Strategy
- Charge to the Independent Review Panel
- Review Panel Member Biographies
- Review Materials, Supplemental Documents, Background Information, and Presentations